Ground Nuts (Peanut) of the heirloom variety grown organically on our farms and then crushed in a wooden press like in the good olden days to get oil.
The benefits of Wood Pressed Oil
– No temperature rise while crushing hence all the nutrients are intact
– No bleaching while producing the Oil
– Contains high fibre as this is not triple refined but only simply filtered.
– Easy to absorb in the body and does not stick inside the intestines as it has a high fibre content
– It is free from cholesterol and contains lots of essential fatty acids like omega-6. So it is one of the best oil suited for cooking.
– It has got ample amounts of plant sterols which reduces the risk of heart disease.
– It has rich monosaturated fatty acids. This helps to reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (good cholesterol)
– It has rich antioxidants. The helps to reduce the risk of cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
– Groundnut oil has rich foliates, which boost fertility.
– Consuming groundnut oil helps in hair growth and moisturises the hair, as it is rich in protein.
– It helps to control blood glucose level.